You can navigate between applications using the navigation keys and the recently used applications window, which lets you switch easily between all recently used applications. The navigation keys are the Back key, the Home key, and the Recent apps key. You can also pop open two applications on the screen at once using the split screen mode, if the application supports multi-window function. Some applications get closed when you press the Home key to exit while others are paused or continue to run in the background. If an application is paused or running in the background, you can continue where you left off the next time you open the application.
Navigating applications overview
|1||Clear all – Close all the recently used applications|
|2||Recently used applications window – Open a recently used application|
|3||Recent apps key – Open the recently used applications window and the favourites bar|
|4||Home key – Exit an application and go back to the Home screen|
|5||Back key – Go back to the previous screen within an application or close the application|
To open the recently used applications window
- Press .
To quickly switch between recently used applications
- Quickly press twice.
To close all the recently used applications
- Press and then tap Clear all.
To open a menu in an application
- While using an application, tap or .
A menu is not available in all applications.
Split screen mode
Split screen mode enables you to view two applications at once, for example, if you want to view your email inbox and a web browser at the same time.
Split screen overview
|2||Split screen border – Drag to resize windows|
|4||Split screen key – Select a recently used application|
|5||Home key – Go back to the Home screen|
|6||Back key – Go back to the previous screen within an application or close the application|
Not all applications support split screen mode.
To use split screen mode
- Make sure that the two applications that you want to use in split screen mode are open and running in the background.
- Open the application that you would like to use in split screen mode, then long press . The application will be assigned to the first part of the split screen.
- Select the second desired application from the thumbnail list.
- If you want to resize the split screen windows, drag the split screen border in the centre.
- To exit split screen mode, long press while the split screen windows are displayed.