Use screen pinning to set your device to display only the screen for a specific application. For example, if you are playing a game and you accidentally touch the home button, the screen pinning feature prevents the active game app screen from being minimized. You can also use this feature when you lend your device to another person to make it harder for them to access more than one application. For example, you can lend your device to somebody to take a photo and pin the screen to the Camera application so that the person can't easily use other apps such as Email.
Screen pinning is not a security feature and does not fully prevent other users from unpinning a screen and accessing your device. To protect your data, you should set up your device to request a screen lock PIN, password, or pattern before someone can unpin the screen.
To enable or disable screen pinning
- Find and tap Settings > Lock screen & security > Advanced > Screen pinning.
- Tap the switch to enable or disable the function.
A pattern, PIN or password is not mandatory for screen pinning to work.
To pin a screen
- Make sure that screen pinning is activated on your device.
- Open an app and go to the screen that you want to pin.
- Tap (Recent apps button).
- To display the screen pinning icon, swipe upwards and tap (Screen pinning icon).
- In the window that appears, tap GOT IT.
To unpin a screen
- On the pinned screen, touch and hold (Back button) and (Recent apps button) until the screen is unpinned.
If you selected a security option when you activated the screen pinning function, you have to enter your pattern, PIN or password to unlock the device before the screen can be unpinned.