Finding the identification number of your device
Your device has a unique identification number. This number is referred to as the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity). You should keep a copy of this number. You may require it, for example, when you access the Xperia™ Care support service to register your device. Also, if your device is stolen, some network providers can use this number to stop the device from accessing the network in your country or region.
For devices with two SIM cards, there are two IMEI numbers, one for each SIM card slot.
To view your IMEI numbers on the label tray
- Insert a fingernail into the gap between the top of the memory card slot cover and the device, then open the cover.
- Using the tip of an unfolded paper clip (or other similar object with a long, fine tip), press the button next to the nano SIM card slot to make the nano SIM card holder pop out.
- Drag out the nano SIM card holder fully.
- Using the same tool as in step 2, drag out the label tray from the nano SIM card slot. The IMEI numbers are displayed on the label tray.
For more information about how to pop out the nano SIM card holder, refer to the instructions on how to insert a nano SIM card. If a SIM card is already inserted in the device, the device restarts automatically when the holder pops out.
To view the IMEI numbers, you can also open the phone dialer and enter *#06#.
To view your IMEI numbers via the device settings
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > About phone > Status >IMEI information.