The device isn't detected by the computer when it’s connected using a USB cable
This device has a capless USB port. If your device gets exposed to water, ensure the USB port is completely dry before inserting a USB cable.
- Make sure that the screen of your Xperia™ device is unlocked. The screen must be unlocked for a computer to detect your device.
- Make sure that you are using the USB cable that came with your device and that it is properly connected to the device and computer. When connected, the USB icon is visible in the status bar on your device.
- Make sure that the USB cable isn't damaged. Try using another USB cable or another USB port on your computer.
- Restart the device and the computer.
- If your device has a memory card, turn off the device and then remove and reinsert the memory card. Restart your computer. Turn on the device and then reconnect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Update your device to ensure that you have optimal performance and the latest enhancements. Read more about how to update and find latest software version.