Finding the identification number of your device
Your device has a unique identification number. This number is referred to as the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity). You should keep a copy of this number. You may require it, for example, when you access the Xperia™ Care support service to register your device. Also, if your device is stolen, some network providers can use this number to stop the device from accessing the network in your country or region.
To view your IMEI number on the label strip
- Open the nano SIM/Memory card slot cover.
- Remove the SIM Card tray.
- Drag the strip outwards using your fingernail. The IMEI number is displayed on the strip.
You can also view the IMEI number by opening the phone dialer and entering *#06#.
To view your IMEI number via the device settings
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > About phone > Status > IMEI information.