Finding the identification number of your device
Your device has a unique ID (identification) number. In your device, this number is referred to as the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity). You should keep a copy of this number. You may require it, for example, when you access the Xperia™ Care support service and need to register your device. Also, if your device is stolen, some network providers can use this number to stop the device from accessing the network in your country.
For devices with two SIM cards, there are two IMEI numbers, one for each SIM card slot.
To view your IMEI numbers on the label tray
- Detach the memory card slot cover.
- Insert the tip of an unfolded paper clip (or a similar object with a long, fine tip) into the hole in the label tray, then drag the tray outwards.The IMEI numbers are displayed on the tray.
To view the IMEI numbers, you can also open the phone dialer and enter *#06#.
To view your IMEI numbers via the device settings
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > About phone > Status.
- Select the SIM card, then scroll to IMEI to view the IMEI number.