You can navigate between applications using the navigation buttons and the recently used applications window. The navigation buttons are the back button and the home button. You can also pop open two applications on the screen at once using the split-screen mode, if the application supports multi-window function.
Navigating applications overview
|1||Clear all – Close all the recently used applications|
|2||Recently used applications window – Open a recently used application|
|3||Home button – Exit an application and go back to the Home screen|
|4||Back button – Go back to the previous screen within an application or close the application|
To open the recently used applications window
- Swipe up on (Home button).
To close all the recently used applications
- Swipe up on (Home button).
- Swipe the window all the way to the right, then tap Clear all.
To open a menu in an application
- While using an application, tap (More icon) or (Menu icon).
A menu is not available in all applications.
Split-screen mode enables you to view two applications at once, for example, if you want to view your email inbox and a web browser at the same time.
|2||Split-screen border – Drag to resize windows|
|4||Home button – Go back to the Home screen|
|5||Back button – Go back to the previous screen|
Not all applications support split-screen mode.
To open applications in the split-screen mode
- Touch and hold the first application icon, and then tap (Split-screen button).
- Tap the second desired application.
To open applications in the split-screen mode using the Multi-window menu
- Slide your finger up along the side of the device to open the Multi-window menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to use applications in the split-screen mode.
You can also open the Multi-window menu by tapping (Multi-window menu icon) on your Home screen.
To open running applications in the split-screen mode
- Make sure that the two applications that you want to use in the split-screen mode are open and running in the background.
- Swipe up on (Home button) to open the recently used applications window.
- Swipe left or right to find the application that you would like to use in the split-screen mode.
- Tap the application icon at the top of the applications window, and then tap Split screen.
- Select the second desired application.
To resize the split-screen windows
- Drag the split-screen border in the centre.
To exit the split-screen mode
- Drag the split-screen border to the top or bottom of the screen.
Enable One-handed mode to adjust the display size so you can type with one hand more easily.
To enable or disable One-handed mode
- Find and tap Settings > Display > Advanced > One-handed mode.
- Tap the One-handed mode switch to enable or disable the function.
- To shrink the screen, double-tap (Home button).
- To exit One-handed mode, double-tap (Home button) again or tap an empty area on the screen.
To adjust the position of the screen
- To move the screen to the left side or to the right side, tap (Left arrow icon) or (Right arrow icon) accordingly.
- To move the screen upwards or downwards, drag the horizontal stripes at the edge of the resized screen.
- To resize the screen, drag (Resize screen icon) at the edge of the resized screen.
To return to full screen mode, double-tap (Home button) again or tap an empty area on the screen.