Finding the identification number of your device
Your device has a unique ID (identification) number. On your device, this number is referred to as the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity). You should keep a copy of this number. You may require it, for example, when you access the Xperia™ Care support service and need to register your device. Also, if your device is stolen, some network providers can use this number to stop the device from accessing the network in your country.
For devices with two SIM cards, there are two IMEI numbers, one for each SIM card slot.
To View Your IMEI Numbers
- Detach the cover of the SD card slot.
- Using a fine-tipped pen or other similar tool, press the memory card inward and then release it quickly.
- Draw the memory card outward and remove it fully.
- Insert a fingernail, or a sharp object such as a pen, into the hole in the label tray, then drag the tray outward to view your IMEI numbers.
To view the IMEI numbers, you can also open the phone dialer on your device and enter *#06#.
To view your IMEI numbers via the device settings
- From your Homescreen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > About phone > Status.
- Select the SIM card, then scroll to IMEI to view the IMEI number.