Instant messaging and video chat
You can use the Hangouts™ instant messaging and video chat application on your device to chat with friends who also use the application on computers, Android™ devices, and other devices. You can turn any conversation into a video call with several friends, and you can send messages to friends even when they are offline. You can also view and share photos easily.
The video call function only works on devices with a front camera.
|1||Start a new chat or video call|
|3||List of contacts|
To start a chat
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Hangouts.
- Tap , then enter a contact name, email address, phone number, or circle name and select the relevant entry from the suggested list.
- To start an instant messaging session, tap .
- To start a video call, tap .
To reply to a chat message or join a video call
- When someone contacts you on Hangouts, , or appears in the status bar.
- Drag the status bar downward, then tap the message or video call and begin to chat.
To learn more about Hangouts™
- When the Hangouts™ application is open, tap , then tap Help.