WALKMAN home screen
The WALKMAN home screen gives you an overview of all the songs on your device as well as the songs available on Music Unlimited. From here you can manage your albums and playlists, create shortcuts, and organize your music by mood and tempo using SensMe™ channels.
|1||Open the Music Unlimited service|
|2||Browse your music by artist|
|3||Browse your music by song|
|4||Browse your music by album|
|5||Browse all playlists|
|6||Collect links to music and related content that you and friends have shared using online services|
|7||Manage and edit your music using Music Unlimited channels|
|8||Open the "WALKMAN" music player|
Sony Entertainment Network with Video Unlimited and Music Unlimited is not available in every market. Separate subscription required. Additional terms and conditions apply.
To display the WALKMAN home screen
- From the Home screen, tap > .
- If the WALKMAN home screen is not displayed, tap .
To add a shortcut to a song
- From the WALKMAN home screen, browse to the song you want to create a shortcut for.
- Touch and hold the song title.
- Tap Add as shortcut. The shortcut now appears in the WALKMAN home screen.
You cannot add shortcuts to songs from Music Unlimited.
To rearrange shortcuts
- From the WALKMAN home screen, touch and hold a shortcut until it magnifies and your device vibrates, then drag the item to a new location.
To delete a shortcut
- From the WALKMAN home screen, touch and hold a shortcut until it magnifies and your device vibrates, then drag the item to .
You can only delete shortcuts that you create yourself.
You can also drag default shortcuts to but they only get hidden, not deleted.
To update your music with the latest information
- From the WALKMAN home screen, tap .
- Tap Download music info > Start. Your device searches online and downloads the latest available album art and song information for your music.
The SensMe™ channels application is activated when you download music information.
To enable the SensMe™ channels application
- From the WALKMAN home screen, tap , then tap Download music info > Start.
This application requires a cellular or Wi-Fi® network connection.
To delete a song
- Open the WALKMAN home screen, then browse to the song you want to delete.
- Touch and hold the song title, then tap Delete.
You can also delete albums this way.