Starting your device for the first time
The first time you start your device, a setup guide opens to help you configure basic settings, sign in to some accounts, and personalize your device. For example, if you have a Sony Entertainment Network account, you can sign in to it here and get set up straightaway. And you can download Internet and Wi-Fi® settings.
You can also access the setup guide later from the Settings menu.
To turn on the device
Before you turn on the device for the first time, charge the battery completely by using the inbox charger until the notification light turns green.
- Press and hold down the power key until the device vibrates.
- Release the power key when the device vibrates.
- If your screen goes dark, briefly press the power key to activate the screen.
- To unlock the screen, drag up or drag down.
- Enter your SIM card PIN when requested, then select OK.
- Wait a few seconds for the device to start.
Your SIM card PIN is initially supplied by your network operator, but you can change it later from the Settings menu. To correct a mistake made while entering your SIM card PIN, tap .
To turn off the device
- Press and hold down the power key until the options menu opens.
- In the options menu, tap Power off.
- Tap OK.
It may take a while for the device to shut down.