Widgets are small applications that you can use directly on your Homescreen. They also function as shortcuts. For example, the Weather widget allows you to see basic weather information directly on your Homescreen. When you tap the widget, the full Weather application opens. You can download additional widgets from Google Play™.
To Add a Widget to the Homescreen
- Touch and hold any empty area on your Home screen until the device vibrates, then tap Widgets.
- Find and tap the widget you want to add.
To Resize a Widget
- Touch and hold a widget until the device vibrates, and then release it. If the widget can be resized, for example, the Calendar widget, then a highlighted frame and resizing dots appear.
- Drag the dots inward or outward to shrink or expand the widget.
- To confirm the new size of the widget, tap anywhere on the Home screen.
To Move a Widget
- Touch and hold the widget until the device vibrates, and then drag it to the new location.
To Remove a Widget
- Touch and hold the widget until the device vibrates, and then drag it to Remove from home screen.