Your device supports noise canceling headsets. By using a noise canceling headset with your device, you can get much clearer audio quality when listening, for example, to music in a noisy environment, such as on a bus, a train or a plane. You can also use this feature to create a silent environment in which to study, work or read.
To ensure optimal performance, noise canceling headsets from Sony are recommended.
To use a noise-canceling headset
- Connect the noise-canceling headset to your device.
- Find and tap Settings > Sound > Accessory settings > Noise canceling, then enable the Noise canceling function by tapping the slider.
- Tap Headset/Headphone type, and select the type of your headset/headphone.
- If you want Noise canceling to be enabled only during music or video playback or when the screen is active, tap the Power save mode slider to enable this function.
- If you want Noise canceling to be enabled for as long as the headset is connected, tap the Power save mode slider to disable this function.
A noise canceling headset may not be included with your device at purchase.
You can also enable the Noise canceling function via the notification on the Quick settings panel when a noise-canceling headset is connected to your device.
To Adjust the Settings to the Noise Environment
- Make sure a noise-canceling headset is connected to your device.
- Find and tap Settings > Sound > Accessory settings > Noise canceling > Noise environment.
- Select the relevant noise environment type, then tap OK.