Starting Your Device for the First Time
It is recommended that you charge the battery for at least 30 minutes before starting up your device for the first time. You can still use your device while it is charging. For more information on charging, see Charging Your Device.
The first time you start your device, a setup guide helps you to configure basic settings, personalize your device, and sign in to your accounts, for example a Google™ account.
To turn on your device
It is important to use the USB Type-C cable provided when charging your device, since other types of USB cables can damage your device. It is recommended to charge the battery for at least 30 minutes before you turn on your device for the first time.
- Press and hold down the power key until your device vibrates.
- Enter your SIM card PIN when requested, then tap .
- Wait a moment for your device to start.
Your SIM card PIN is initially supplied by your service provider, but you can change it later from the Settings menu. To correct a mistake made while entering your SIM card PIN, tap .
To Turn off the Device
- Press and hold down the power key until the options menu opens.
- In the options menu, tap Power off.
It may take a while for the device to shut down.