People, selfies, and smiling faces
Faces in focus are indicated with a colored frame. Tap any frame to select a face to focus on.
Use Smile Shutter to automatically take a photo when a person smiles. If you are recording a video, a photo is taken each time a smile is detected.
Taking photos and videos of people
- Consider the camera orientation. Use portrait for close-up photos, to fill the frame. Use landscape for close-up group photos, or to capture an object in the background.
- Place the camera on a solid surface and use the self-timer to prevent blurred photos.
To focus on another face
- Before taking a photo or recording a video, tap one of the frames to select a face to focus on.
To take a photo when someone smiles
- When using the camera, tap .
- Tap More > Auto capturing > Smile Shutter.
- Close the settings menu. The setting is saved for the capturing mode selected.
- When a smile is detected, the camera automatically takes a photo.
This feature can also be used for videos. When using the camera, tap > More > Auto capturing (video) > Smile Shutter.
To take a selfie
- When using the camera, select a photo or video capturing mode for your selfie.
- Tap to activate the front camera.
- Tap if you want to use the self-timer.
- Press the camera key or tap the shutter button to take a selfie.
Turn on the Soft skin effect to soften skin tones when taking selfies.
To activate the selfie timer with the palm of your hand
- When using the camera, tap to activate the front camera.
- Tap .
- Tap More > Auto capturing > Hand Shutter and close the settings menu. The setting is saved.
- Turn your palm with your fingers straight up toward the camera.
- When the camera detects your hand, the timer starts and a selfie is taken.