Why do I need a Google account?
- Download and install applications from Google Play™.
- Synchronize your email, contacts and calendar using Gmail.
- Chat with friends using the Hangouts™ application.
- Synchronize your browsing history and bookmarks using the Google Chrome™ web browser.
- Identify yourself as the authorized user after a software repair using Xperia Companion.
Remotely find, lock, or clear a lost or stolen device using the Find my device services.
For more information about Android and Google, go to http://support.google.com.
It is crucial to remember your Google account username and password, in case you need to use them to identify yourself for security reasons. If you fail to give your Google username and password in such situations, your device is locked. If you have more than one Google account, be sure to enter the details for the relevant account.
To set up a Google account on your device
- Find and tap Settings > Users & accounts > Add account > Google.
- Follow the registration wizard to create a Google account, or sign in if you already have an account.
You can also sign in to or create a Google account from the setup guide the first time you start your device. Alternatively, you can go online and create an account at https://myaccount.google.com/.
To remove a Google account
- Find and tap Settings > Users & accounts > Google.
- Select the Google account that you want to remove.
- Tap Remove account.
- Tap Remove account again to confirm.
If you remove your Google account, any security features that are linked to your Google account will no longer be available.