Listening to music
Use the Music application to listen to your favorite music and audio books.
Music player overview
|1||Minimize the full screen player|
|2||Search all songs saved to your device|
|3||View the play queue|
|4||View menu options|
|5||Album art (if available)|
|6||Add or remove a song as a favorite|
|7||Elapsed time of current song|
|8||Add a song to a playlist|
|9||Progress indicator—drag or tap along the line to fast-forward or rewind|
|10||Length of current song|
|11||Repeat the current song or all songs in the play queue|
|12||Tap to go to the next song, touch and hold to fast-forward the current song|
|13||Play or pause a song|
|14||Tap to go to the previous song, touch and hold to rewind the current song|
|15||Shuffle songs in the play queue|
|1||Tap to open the Music menu|
|2||Scroll up or down to view content|
|3||Tap to start playing a song in the play queue|
|4||Play all songs in shuffle mode|
|5||Go to the music player screen|
To play a song using the Music application
- Find and tap .
- Tap .
- Select a music category.
- Tap a song to play it.
You might not be able to play copyright-protected items. Make sure you have the necessary rights for the content you wish to use.
To find song-related information online
- While a song is playing in the Music application, tap the album art in the music player screen and then tap More about this.
Online resources related to the song can include videos on YouTube™, song lyrics, and artist information on Wikipedia.
To edit music information and download album art
- While a song is playing in the Music application, tap the album art in the music player screen and then tap Edit music info.
- Edit the information as desired.
- To set or download album art, tap , then select an option.
- When you are finished, tap Save.
You can also set album art to download automatically in the Music menu, under Settings.
To Adjust the Audio Volume
- Press the volume key up or down.
To Minimize the Music Application
- When a song is playing, tap to go to the Home screen. The Music application keeps running in the background.
To open the Music application when it is playing in the background
- While a song is playing in the background, drag the status bar downward and tap the Music notification.
- Alternatively, find and tap .