Why Do I Need a Google™ Account?
- Download and install applications from Google Play™.
- Synchronize email, contacts, and the calendar.
- Chat with friends using the Hangouts™ application.
- Synchronize your browsing history and bookmarks.
For more information about Android™ and Google™, read the article.
To Set up a Google™ Account on Your Device
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Google.
- Follow the registration wizard to create a Google™ account, or sign in if you already have an account.
You can also sign in to or create a Google™ account from the setup guide the first time you start your device. Or you can go online and create an account at www.google.com/accounts.