Synchronizing with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
If your company uses a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account, you can access your corporate email messages, calendar appointments, and contacts directly on your device. After setup, you can find your information in the Email, Calendar, and Contacts applications.
If you have set up a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) account on your device, the EAS security settings may limit the lock screen type to only a PIN or password. This occurs when your network administrator specifies a lock screen type for all EAS accounts for enterprise security reasons. Contact the network administrator of your company or organization to check what network security policies are implemented for mobile devices.
To set up an EAS account for synchronization
- Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Exchange ActiveSync.
- Enter your corporate email address and password.
- Tap Next. If a failure occurs, enter the domain and server details for your account manually and then tap Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Tap Show more sync options to select a synchronization method, a synchronization interval, and the data that you want to synchronize with your device.
- Tap Next, then select how you want to be notified when a new email arrives.
- Tap Next, enter a name for the corporate account, then tap Finish setup.
- If prompted, activate the device administrator to allow your corporate server to set certain security rules on your device, such as disabling voice recording and using storage encryption.
To remove an EAS account
- Find and tap Settings > Accounts.
- Select the EAS account that you want to remove.
- Tap Remove account.
- Tap Remove account again to confirm.