Your device supports noise cancelling headsets. By using a noise cancelling headset with your device, you can get much clearer audio quality when listening, for example, to music in a noisy environment, such as on a bus, a train or a plane. You can also use this feature to create a silent environment in which to study, work or read.
To ensure optimal performance, noise cancelling headsets from Sony are recommended.
To use a noise cancelling headset
- Connect the noise cancelling headset to your device.
- From your Home screen, find and tap > Settings > Sound > Accessory settings > Noise cancelling, then enable the Noise cancelling function by tapping the slider.
- Tap Headset/Headphone type, and select the type of your headset/headphone.
- If you want Noise cancelling to be enabled only during music or video playback or when the screen is active, tap the Power saver mode slider to enable this function.
- If you want Noise cancelling to be enabled for as long as the headset is connected, tap the Power saver mode slider to disable this function.
A noise cancelling headset may not be included with your device at purchase.
You can also enable the Noise cancelling function via the Notification panel when a noise cancelling headset is connected to your device.
To adjust the settings to the noise environment
- Make sure a noise cancelling headset is connected to your device.
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > Sound > Accessory settings > Noise cancelling > Noise environment.
- Select the relevant noise environment type, then tap OK.