Why do I need a Google account?
- Download and install applications from Google Play™.
- Synchronise your email, contacts and calendar using Gmail.
- Chat with friends using the Duo™ application.
- Synchronise your browsing history and bookmarks using the Google Chrome™ web browser.
- Identify yourself as the authorised user after a software repair using Xperia Companion.
Remotely find, lock or clear a lost or stolen device using the Find my device services.
For more information about Android and Google, go to http://support.google.com.
It is crucial to remember your Google account user name and password, since in some situations, you may need it to identify yourself for security reasons. If you fail to give your Google user name and password in such situations, your device is locked. Also, if you have more than one Google account, make sure to enter the details for the relevant account.
To set up a Google account on your device
- Find and tap Settings > Users & accounts > Add account > Google.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a Google account, or sign in if you already have an account.
You can also create a Google account using the setup guide when you first start your device, or go online later and create an account at https://myaccount.google.com/.
To remove a Google account
- Find and tap Settings > Users & accounts.
- Select the Google account that you want to remove.
- Tap REMOVE ACCOUNT.
- Tap REMOVE ACCOUNT again to confirm.
If you remove your Google account, any security features that are linked to your Google account will no longer be available.