How do I enter internet settings manually? (Xperia R1 and Xperia R1 Plus)
If the wireless download of internet settings fails, you can enter the settings manually. Before you enter internet settings manually, you need to contact your network operator to get the correct settings for your subscription.
Android 7.0 , 8.0
To enter internet settings manually
- Find and tap Settings > More > Mobile networks.
- Select SIM card.
- Tap Access Point Names, then tap the plus (+) sign and enter the access point name.
- Tap Name and enter the name of the network profile that you want to create > OK.
- Tap APN and enter the access point name > OK.
- Enter all other information required by your network operator.
- When you’re done, tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then tap Save.
- Name – Name of your internet connection.
- APN – The operator-specific access point.
- Proxy – The operator-specific proxy server, if required.
- Port – The operator-specific port, if required.
- Username – User name supplied by your operator, if required.
- Password – Password supplied by your operator, if required.
- Server – The operator-specific server, if required. Note! Not to be mistaken for the proxy server.
- MMSC – MMS Center / Server, if required.
- MMS Proxy – Proxy server for MMS, if required.
- MMS Port – Port for MMS, if required.
- MCC – Operator-specific ID. If this value is missing, your SIM card may be faulty or too old.
- MNC – Operator-specific ID. If this value is missing, your SIM card may be faulty or too old.
- Authentication type – Specific authentication (PAP, CHAP), if required.
- APN type – This is normally set to "default". If your network operator uses another APN type please change it accordingly.
- APN (roaming) protocol – This is normally set to IPv4 by default. If your network operator uses another APN protocol please change it accordingly.
- Bearer – Type of Radio Access Technology (RAT) that is used to connect to the internet.
- MVNO type – Type of Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO).
- MVNO value – Mobile Virtual Network Operator data.