Using the music player
To play audio content
- From your Home screen, tap , then find and tap .
- In My music, select a music category and browse to the song that you want to open.
- Tap a song to play it.
You might not be able to play copyright-protected items. Please verify that you have necessary rights in material that you intend to share.
To change songs
- When a song is playing, tap or .
- When a song is playing, swipe the album art left or right.
To pause a song
- Tap .
To fast forward and rewind music
- Touch and hold or .
You can also drag the progress indicator marker right or left.
To adjust the audio volume
- Press the volume key.
To improve the sound quality using the equaliser
- When the music player is open, tap .
- Tap Settings > Sound enhancements.
- To adjust the sound manually, drag the frequency band buttons up or down. To adjust the sound automatically, tap and select a style.
To turn on the surround sound
- Tap Settings > Sound enhancements > Settings > Surround sound (VPT).
- Select a setting, then tap OK to confirm.
To view the current play queue
- While a song is playing in the "WALKMAN" application, tap > Play queue.
To minimise the music player
- When the music player is playing, tap to go to the previous screen, or tap to go to the Home screen. The music player stays playing in the background.
To open the music player when it is playing in the background
- While a song is playing in the background, tap the to open the recently used applications window.
- Tap the music player.
To delete a song
- In My music, browse to the song that you want to delete.
- Touch and hold the song title, then tap Delete.
You can also delete albums this way.