Entering text using voice input
When you enter text, you can use the voice input function instead of typing the words. Just speak the words that you want to enter. Voice input is an experimental technology from Google™, and is available for a number of languages and regions.
To enable voice input
- When the on-screen keyboard is displayed, tap .
- Tap , then tap Keyboard settings .
- Drag the slider beside Google™ voice typing key to the right.
- Tap to save your settings. A microphone icon now appears on your on-screen keyboard.
To enter text using voice input
- Open the on-screen keyboard and make sure that the voice input feature is enabled.
- Tap . When appears, speak to enter text.
- When you're finished, tap again. The suggested text appears.
- Edit the text manually if necessary.