Identifying music using TrackID™ technology
Use the TrackID™ music recognition service to identify a music track you hear playing in your surroundings. Just record a short sample of the song and you’ll get artist, title and album info within seconds. You can purchase tracks identified by TrackID™ and you can view TrackID™ charts to see what TrackID™ users around the globe are searching for. For best results, use TrackID™ technology in a quiet area.
To open the TrackID™ application
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap TrackID™.
You can also use the TrackID™ widget to open the TrackID™ application.
To search for track information using TrackID™
- Open the TrackID™ application, then hold your device towards the music source.
- Tap . If the track is recognised by the TrackID™ service, the results appear on the screen.
To return to the TrackID™ start screen, press .
To view TrackID™ charts
- Open the TrackID™ application, then tap Charts. The first time you view a chart, it is set to your own region.
- To see charts of the most popular searches in other regions, tap > Regions.
- Select a country or region.
Using TrackID™ technology results
Track information appears when the TrackID™ application recognises a track. You can select to purchase the track or share it using email, SMS or a social networking service. You can also get more information about the track's artist.
To buy a track recognised by the TrackID™ application
- After a track has been recognised by the TrackID™ application, tap Download.
- Follow the instructions on your device to complete your purchase.
You can also select a track to buy by opening the History or Charts tabs from the TrackID™ start screen.
The track purchase feature may not be supported in all countries/regions, or by all networks and/or service providers in all areas.
To view the artist information for a track
- After a track has been recognised by the TrackID™ application, tap Artist info.
You can also view the artist information for a track by opening the History or Charts tabs from the TrackID™ start screen.
To recommend a track on Facebook™
- When the TrackID™ application is open, tap a track title.
- In the track information screen, wait for the tab to appear, then tap this tab.
- Log in to Facebook™ and recommend the track.
The feature may not be supported in all countries/regions, or by all networks and/or service providers in all areas.
To delete a track from the track history
- Open the TrackID™ application, then tap History.
- Tap a track title, then tap Delete.
- Tap Yes to confirm.