Entering text using voice input
When you enter text, you can use the voice input function instead of typing the words. Just speak the words that you want to enter. Voice input is an experimental technology from Google™, and is available for a number of languages and regions.
To enable voice input
- When you enter text using the on-screen keyboard, tap .
- Tap , then tap Keyboard settings.
- Mark the Google™ voice typing key checkbox.
- Tap to save your settings. A microphone icon appears on your on-screen keyboard.
To enter text using voice input
- Open the on-screen keyboard.
- Tap . When appears, speak to enter text.
- When you're finished, tap again. The suggested text appears.
- Edit the text manually if necessary.
To make the keyboard appear and enter text manually, tap .