Why do I need a Google™ account?
- Download and install applications from Google Play™.
- Synchronise email, contacts and the calendar using Gmail™.
- Chat with friends using the Hangouts™ application.
- Synchronise your browsing history and bookmarks using the Google Chrome™ web browser.
- Identify yourself as the authorised user after a software repair using Xperia™ Companion.
- Remotely find, lock or clear a lost or stolen device using the my Xperia™ or Android™ Device Manager services.
For more information about Android™ and Google™, go to http://support.google.com.
It is crucial that you remember your Google™ account username and password. In some situations, you may need to identify yourself for security reasons using your Google™ account. If you fail to give your Google™ username and password in such situations, your device is locked. Also, if you have more than one Google™ account, make sure to enter the details for the relevant account.
To set up a Google™ account on your device
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > Add account > Google.
- Follow the registration wizard to create a Google™ account, or sign in if you already have an account.
You can also sign in to or create a Google™ account from the setup guide the first time you start your device. Or you can go online and create an account at www.google.com/accounts.