Starting your device for the first time
The first time you start your device, a setup guide opens to help you configure basic settings, sign in to some accounts, and personalise your device. For example, if you have a Sony Entertainment Network account, you can sign in to it here and get set up straight away. And you can download Internet settings.
You can also access the setup guide later from the Settings menu.
To turn on the device
Make sure that the battery is charged for at least 30 minutes before you turn on the device for the first time.
- Press and hold down the power key until the device vibrates.
- Enter your SIM card PIN when requested, then tap .
- Wait a while for the device to start.
To turn off the device
- Press and hold down the power key until the options menu opens.
- In the options menu, tap Power off.
- Tap OK.
It may take a while for the device to shut down.