Adding the geographical position to your photos
Turn on geotagging to add the approximate geographical location (a geotag) to photos when you take them. The geographical location is determined either by wireless networks (mobile or Wi-Fi® networks) or GPS technology.
When appears on the camera screen, geotagging is turned on but the geographical position has not been found. When appears, geotagging is turned on and the geographical location is available, so your photo can get geotagged. When neither of these two symbols appears, geotagging is turned off.
To turn on geotagging
- Activate the camera.
- Tap , then tap Geotagging > On.
- Tap OK to agree to enable GPS and/or wireless networks.
- Check the options that you want to select under Location services.
- After you confirm your settings, press to return to the camera screen.
- If appears on the camera screen, your location is available and your photo can get geotagged. If not, check your GPS and/or wireless network connection.