USB file transfer isn't working
- Make sure that the USB cable is properly connected to the device and computer. When connected, the USB icon is visible in the status bar on your device.
- Make sure that the USB cable isn’t damaged. Try using another USB cable or another USB port on your computer.
- Restart your computer. Turn off the device, and then remove and reinsert the memory card. Turn on the device and then reconnect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Change the USB connection mode, and then connect your device to the computer again using the USB cable.
To change the USB connection mode to mass storage mode
- Make sure that your device is not connected to a USB cable.
- From your Home screen, tap the .
- Find and tap Settings > Xperia™ Connectivity > USB Connectivity > USB connection mode .
- Tap Mass storage mode (MSC) > OK .
- Tap OK .
- Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
Note: The instructions above may vary slightly depending on the model of your device and the software version you are using.