The device freezes or applications suddenly shut down
- Downloaded applications may affect the performance of your device or cause it behave unpredictably. Use safe mode to check whether a downloaded application is causing the problem. In safe mode, your device only starts with software and applications that were already installed when you purchased your device. If the device performance improves in safe mode, it’s likely that one or more downloaded applications are affecting the device negatively. You can exit safe mode and restart the device to uninstall the application or applications you suspect are causing the problem. If the problem is recent and you’re not sure which application is causing the problem, you can start by uninstalling the most recently downloaded application.
To enable safe mode
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold down the power key until the device vibrates.
- When the Xperia™ logotype appears, press and hold down the volume key until Safe mode appears on the screen.
Note: To exit safe mode, restart the device.
To uninstall an application from the Application screen
- To open the Application screen menu, drag the left edge of the Application screen to the right.
- Tap Uninstall . All uninstallable applications are indicated by the .
- Tap the application you want to uninstall, then tap Uninstall .