I cannot update my device software using a computer
- When updating your device software using PC Companion or Bridge for Mac, your computer must have access to the Internet. Visit any website, for example, www.sonymobile.com , to verify that the computer can access the Internet. If there is no Internet connection, check the cable, router and the Internet service provider.
- If your computer has a firewall, make sure that the firewall doesn’t prevent the relevant update applications from running.
- If you are trying to update your device when connected to a corporate network, you might be using a proxy server. Please contact your network administrator for further assistance.
- After you connect your device to the computer using a USB cable, PC Companion displays “Searching phone” but is unable to find the device. If your phone has a memory card, remove it and connect your phone to PC Companion again. Before continuing, confirm that the USB cable isn’t damaged and that it is properly connected to the USB port on the computer. You could also try using another USB port.
- If you still experience problems when trying to update your device software with PC Companion, please contact us .