Using your device with a car infotainment system
Connect your device to a MirrorLink™ certified car infotainment system using a USB cable to, for example, use a navigation app or play music from your device while driving. When connected, you can navigate the apps using the car infotainment system controls.
Some applications may not be available during MirrorLink™ connection. Also, protected data, such as videos that are strictly protected under Digital Rights Management (DRM), is not made available via MirrorLink™.
To connect your device to a car infotainment system
- Connect your device and the car infotainment system using a USB cable. The screen of your device appears on the screen of the infotainment system.
You may need to start MirrorLink™ manually if the connection between your device and the infotainment system is not established automatically.
To start MirrorLink™ manually
- Make sure that your device is connected to the car infotainment system using a USB cable.
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > Device connection > MirrorLink™.
- Tap Start MirrorLink™, then tap OK.
- If the connection still fails, tap Network address to change to another network address and then try again.