Tethering with Xperia Link™
If you have an Xperia™ device, you can share your internet connection with another Xperia™ device. This way, your device can connect to the Internet without having to use its own connection. This feature is useful when you are out and about and your device doesn’t have or support a mobile or Wi-Fi connection on your tablet. Before you use tethering with Xperia Link™, make sure the Xperia Link™ application is installed and set up on both devices. Also, your Xperia™ device must have a camera with auto focus.
The Xperia Link™ application is only supported by Xperia™ device running the Android™ 4.0 software version or higher. If the Xperia Link™ application is not pre-installed on your Xperia™ device, you can download it from Google Play™.
To connect your Xperia™ devices using a QR Code™
- Make sure the Bluetooth function is activated on both Xperia™ devices and that the devices have an active internet connection.
- Tablet: From your Home screen, tap > Xperia Link > Add device, then follow the instructions to complete the setup. A QR Code™ appears on the screen.
- The other device: From your Home screen, tap > Xperia Link > Add device > Scan.
- Hold your device over the QR Code™ on the screen until the complete QR Code™ is visible in the viewfinder of the device.
- Your device automatically scans the QR Code™ and connects to your tablet once the QR Code™ is recognised.
- To confirm the connection, tap OK.