The device isn't detected by the computer when it’s connected using a USB cable
- Make sure that the screen of your device is unlocked, and that the USB connection mode on the device is set to Transfer files. The default connection mode is always set to Charging only. For a computer to detect your device, select the Transfer files connection mode every time you connect the device to a computer.
To set the USB connection mode to transfer files
- Make sure that your device is connected to a computer via a USB cable.
- From your Home screen, drag the status bar downwards.
- Find and tap USB charging this device, then select Transfer files (MTP).
- Make sure that you are using the USB cable that came with your device and that it is properly connected to the device and computer.
- Make sure that the USB cable isn't damaged. Try using another USB cable or another USB port on your computer.
- Restart the device and the computer.
- If your device has a memory card, turn off the device and then remove and reinsert the memory card. Restart your computer. Turn on the device and then reconnect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Update your device to ensure that you have optimal performance and the latest enhancements. Read more about how to update and find latest software version.