How do I wake up my PS4 console and start using PS4 Remote Play?
Before you get started using the PS4 Remote Play app with your PS4™ console, there are few things you need to check and a number of steps you need to follow. Here is a summary of what you have to do:
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest version of the PS4 Remote Play app from Google Play™ on your Xperia™ device. The app, however, may not be available in all countries or regions and may not be supported by all networks and service providers in all areas.
- Make sure that the PS4™ console has already been paired with your Xperia™ device using the PS4 Remote Play app.
- Make sure that the PS4™ console is in standby mode and that the “available in standby mode” function is enabled.
- Open the PS4 Remote Play app on your Xperia™ device. If you have followed all the necessary steps, the PS4™ console wakes up automatically.
- Start the game that you want to play.
Note! If you're using Xperia™ Z3 T-Mobile (D6616), you cannot the use the Remote Play feature together with the new DUALSHOCK™4 controller (CUH-ZCT2).
Below is more detailed information on how to perform some of the steps listed above.
To enable the "available in rest mode" function on the PS4™ console
- Make sure that the PS4™ console has been paired with the Xperia™ device using the PS4 Remote Play app.
- PS4™: Select Settings > Power Save Settings > Set Function Available in Rest Mode > Enable turing On PS4 from Network.
To open the PS4 Remote Play app
- From the Home screen, tap the Application screen icon, then find and tap PS4 Remote Play.
- From the Home screen, tap the Application screen icon, then find and tap PlayStation > Connect to PS4 > PS4 Remote Play.
To start a game
- Make sure that the PS4™ and the Xperia™ device using the PS4 Remote Play app is paired and connected to the same Wi-Fi® network.
- Make sure that the DUALSHOCK™4 controller is connected to the Xperia™ device.
- If available, attach the DUALSHOCK™4 controller and your Xperia™ device to a game control mount accessory.
- If the purchased game that you want to play is a disc package version, insert the disc into the PS4™ console.
- Xperia™ device: From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon, then find and tap PS4 Remote Play.
- Select the game that you want to play.
Note! If the purchased game title is a downloaded version, you can play any1 game that is installed on the PS4™ console.
1. Almost all PS4™ gaming titles are available in PS4 Remote Play. Look for a Remote Play icon on the back of your game's box, or consult the game's instruction manual for confirmation. Some functions are restricted when you use PS4 Remote Play.