Take great pictures with your Xperia™ smartphone
Capture your best moments with an Xperia smartphone. From low light to action shots, Xperia handsets feature the best of Sony camera technology – for images that are clear, sharp and vibrant. even when viewed on a large screen or printed on 8×10/A4 size paper. Superior Auto mode does the thinking for you, so you can concentrate on creating memories.
Superior Auto. Superior photos.
From illuminated night views to close-up macro photos, Superior Auto recognises up to 36 scene types and adjusts the settings automatically, helping you get the best photos anywhere, at any time. As Xperia’s default camera mode, Superior Auto turns HDR on and off depending on your surroundings. HDR mode takes multiple shots with varied exposures and then merges them together to make your photos look natural – even in backlit conditions.
Also, Xperia smartphones combine the award-winning Sony G Lens and the latest image sensor technology, Exmor RS™ for mobile, to bring out the true colour and vivid detail in all your photographs. The BIONZ™ for mobile image processing engine instantly reduces photo noise and image distortion. Combined, these technologies deliver crystal clear, blur-free photos every time.
A few tips to help you make the most of your Xperia camera
Before you take a photo:
- Make sure that the lens is clean – it’s amazing how a little fingerprint mark or dirt can diminish the quality of your photos.
- Set your camera to Superior Auto mode, for great quality results without complicated settings.
- The flash is set to Auto by default, so let our intelligent Sony technology do all the hard work for you.
- If you are having trouble with blurry shots, check to see if your phone cover is obstructing the flash or lens. You can even try removing your phone cover to avoid any unwanted reflections.
Setting the focus
Top tips for taking blur-free pictures in motion or low light:
- Hold your smartphone firmly with both hands, making sure that you keep your left hand out of the way of the lens and flash.
- Press the Camera key halfway down and a white frame will appear where the focus has adjusted. With the focus set, the frame will turn blue and you’ll hear a short beep.
- Fully press the Camera key to take a photo. If you’re using the Camera button, a photo will be taken as soon as the button is released.
- If you’re having trouble focusing, you can set a ‘touch focus’ point by touching the point on the screen that you want to focus on.
- You can also try moving the smartphone around with the Camera key half pressed. Look for a spot where the picture comes into focus.
Please note that this article is not product specific. Features and functionalities described may therefore differ depending on your device and/or software version.