Starting your device for the first time
The first time you start your device, a setup guide opens to help you configure basic settings, sign in to online accounts and personalise your device. For example, if you have a Sony Entertainment Network account, you can sign in to it here and get set up straight away.
You can also access the setup guide later from the Settings menu. To access the setup guide on a device with multiple users, you must be logged in as the owner, that is, the primary user.
To turn on the device
Make sure that the battery is charged for at least 30 minutes before you turn on the device for the first time.
- Press and hold down the power key until the device vibrates.
- Enter your SIM card PIN when requested, then tap .
- Wait a while for the device to start.
Your SIM card PIN is initially supplied by your network operator, but you can change it later from the Settings menu. To correct a mistake made while entering your SIM card PIN, tap .
To turn off the device
- Press and hold down the power key until the options menu opens.
- In the options menu, tap Power off.
It may take a while for the device to shut down.