You can navigate between applications using the navigation buttons and the recently used applications window, which lets you switch easily between all recently used applications. The navigation buttons are the back button, the home button, and the recent apps button. You can also pop open two applications on the screen at once using the Split screen mode, if the application supports multi-window function. Some applications get closed when you tap (Home button) to exit while others are paused or continue to run in the background. If an application is paused or running in the background, you can continue where you left off the next time you open the application.
Navigating applications overview
|1||Clear all – Close all the recently used applications|
|2||Recently used applications window – Open a recently used application|
|3||Recent apps button – Open the recently used applications window and the favourites bar|
|4||Home button – Exit an application and go back to the Home screen|
|5||Back button – Go back to the previous screen within an application or close the application|
To open the recently used applications window
- Tap (Recent apps button).
To quickly switch between recently used applications
- Quickly tap (Recent apps button) twice.
To close all the recently used applications
- Tap (Recent apps button) and then tap Clear all.
To open a menu in an application
- While using an application, tap (Menu icon) or (Options icon).
A menu is not available in all applications.
Split screen mode
Split screen mode enables you to view two applications at once, for example, if you want to view your email inbox and a web browser at the same time.
Split screen overview
|2||Split screen border – Drag to resize windows|
|4||Split screen button – Select a recently used application|
|5||Home button – Go back to the Home screen|
|6||Back button – Go back to the previous screen within an application or close the application|
Not all applications support Split screen mode.
To use Split screen mode
- Make sure that the two applications that you want to use in Split screen mode are open and running in the background.
- Open the application that you would like to use in Split screen mode, then touch and hold (Recent apps button). The application will be assigned to the first part of the split screen.
- Select the second desired application from the thumbnail list.
- If you want to resize the split screen windows, drag the split screen border in the centre.
- To exit Split screen mode, touch and hold (Split screen button) while the split screen windows are displayed.
Enable One-handed mode to adjust the display size so you can type with one hand more easily.
To enable or disable One-handed mode
- Find and tap Settings > Display > Advanced > One-handed mode.
- Tap the One-handed mode switch to enable or disable the function.
- To shrink the screen, swipe diagonally up right or up left from the corner.
- To exit One-handed mode, tap an empty area on the screen.
Tap the Optimised apps switch to customise the options for One-handed mode.
To adjust the position of the screen
- To move the screen to the left side or to the right side, tap (Left arrow icon) or (Right arrow icon) accordingly.
- To move the screen upwards or downwards, drag the horizontal stripes at the edge of the resized screen.
- To resize the screen, drag (Resize screen icon) at the edge of the resized screen.
To return to full screen mode, tap an empty area on the screen.