Have you tried this?
There are a few things you should try first when you experience problems with your device:
- By restarting your device you turn off all running applications and free up memory. This sometimes automatically solves problems with your device . If the device won't restart normally, you can force your device to restart. No settings or personal data are deleted during a forced restart.
To restart your device
Your device may fail to restart if the battery level is low. Connect your device to a charger and try restarting again.
- Long press the power key.
- In the menu that opens, tap Restart . The device restarts automatically.
To force the device to restart or shut down
- Long press the power key and the volume up key at the same time until your device vibrates.
- Depending on whether you wish to force the device to restart or shut down, proceed as follows.
- If you wish to force restart the device: Release the keys at this point. The device restarts.
- If you wish to force shut down the device: Continue pressing the keys. After a few more seconds, the device vibrates 3 times and turns off.
- Update your device to ensure that you have optimal performance and the latest enhancements. Read more about how to update and find the latest software version.
- Perform a factory data reset. This is sometimes the best solution if your device stops functioning properly. Make sure that you know your Google account username and password before you start.
To perform a factory data reset
To avoid permanent damage to your device, do not interrupt a factory data reset procedure.
- Back up any important data that is saved on the internal memory of your device to a memory card or other non-internal memory. If you have any encrypted files stored on an SD card, you should also remove the encryption to ensure you can still access them after the reset.
- Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options .
- Tap Erase all data (factory reset) > Reset phone .
- If required, draw your screen unlock pattern or enter your screen unlock password or PIN to continue.
- To confirm, tap Erase everything .
Your device does not revert to an earlier software version of Android when you perform a factory data reset.
- If you can’t access the Settings menu on your device, perform a software repair with the Xperia Companion computer application. You can perform a software repair even if your device seems totally unresponsive.
To repair the device software using Xperia Companion
Before performing a software repair, make sure you know your Google account username and password. Depending on your security settings, you may need to enter them in order to restart the device after a software repair.
- Make sure that Xperia Companion is installed on your PC or Mac.
- Open the Xperia Companion software on the computer and click Software repair on the main screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the software and complete the repair.