Background and themes
Your device comes with a default background, but you can adapt the Home screen and lock screen to your own style using wallpapers and themes featuring different colours and patterns.
A wallpaper may be used without changing any of the other elements of your Home screen and lock screen. Live wallpapers add visual effects to your interactions with the touchscreen, letting the display change dynamically.
Themes can include a wallpaper, a screensaver, title bars, and a sound scheme that all fit together to create a unique look and feel for your device.
To change your wallpaper
- Touch and hold any empty area on your Home screen until the device vibrates.
- Tap Wallpapers.
- To set the same wallpaper for the Lock and Home screens, select the wallpaper and tap APPLY. To set different wallpapers, first tap the Lock or Home screen preview. Choose a wallpaper for that screen and tap SELECT > APPLY.
You can also use a photo as your wallpaper. Instead of selecting a wallpaper from the options shown, tap Photos . Choose a photo and tap SELECT > APPLY .
To set a theme
- Touch and hold an empty area on your Home screen until the device vibrates.
- Tap Themes.
- Choose an option:
- To use an existing theme, select the theme, then tap APPLY THEME.
- To download a new theme, tap GET MORE THEMES.
When you change a theme, the background also changes in some applications.