Why do I need a Google account?
- Download and install applications from Google Play™.
- Synchronise your email, contacts and calendar using Gmail.
- Chat with friends using the Hangouts™ application.
- Synchronise your browsing history and bookmarks using the Google Chrome™ web browser.
- Identify yourself as the authorised user after a software repair using Xperia Companion.
Remotely find, lock or clear a lost or stolen device using the Find my device services.
For more information about Android and Google, go to http://support.google.com.
It is crucial to remember your Google account user name and password, in case you need to use it to identify yourself for security reasons. If you fail to give your Google user name and password in such situations, your device is locked. If you have more than one Google account, make sure to enter the details for the relevant account.
To set up a Google account on your device
- Find and tap Settings > Users & accounts > Add account > Google.
- Follow the registration wizard to create a Google account, or sign in if you already have an account.
You can also sign in to or create a Google account from the setup guide the first time you start your device. Alternatively, you can go online and create an account at https://myaccount.google.com/.
To remove a Google account
- Find and tap Settings > Users & accounts > Google.
- Select the Google account that you want to remove.
- Tap Remove account.
- Tap Remove account again to confirm.
If you remove your Google account, any security features that are linked to your Google account will no longer be available.