Scanning barcodes with the NeoReader™ application
About scanning with the NeoReader™ application
Use your device as a barcode scanner to find out more about items you scan. For example, you see a coat in a magazine ad and want to find the nearest retail outlet to buy it. If the ad contains a readable barcode, the NeoReader™ application uses this code to access mobile web content, such as a web page with more product information or a map of nearby outlets. NeoReader™ supports most standard barcode types.
To start the NeoReader™ application
- From the Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap NeoReader™.
To scan a barcode
- When the NeoReader™ application is open, hold your device over the barcode until the complete barcode is visible in the viewfinder.
- Your device automatically scans the barcode, and vibrates when the barcode is recognised.
To enter a barcode manually
- When the NeoReader™ application is open, tap .
- Enter the numbers of the barcode in the text field, then tap GO!.
NeoReader™ application menu overview
The following menu options are available in the NeoReader™ application:
|Tap to open more options|
|Enter the barcode numbers manually. This option can be used if your camera has difficulty reading the barcode|
|View a list of previously scanned barcodes|
|View information about the NeoReader™ application. Read more about different barcode types, and about how to use NeoReader™|
|Select your personal settings, such as language or country. This information is used to personalise barcode content. Also, you can select preferences for how you use the NeoReader™ application|
|Send a text message to invite a friend to download the NeoReader™ application|