Resetting your device
You can reset your device to its original settings, with or without deleting all of your personal data. Before you perform a reset, make sure to back up any important data saved on your device.
To perform a factory data reset
|To avoid permanent damage to your device, do not restart your device while a reset procedure is underway.|
- Before you start, make sure to back up any important data that is saved on the internal memory of your device to a memory card or other non-internal memory.
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
- To delete information, such as pictures and music, from your internal storage, mark the Erase internal storage checkbox.
- Tap Reset phone.
- To confirm, tap Erase everything.