Instant messaging and video chat
You can use the Google Hangouts™ instant messaging and video chat application on your device to chat with friends who also use the application on computers, Android™ devices and other devices. You can turn any conversation into a video call with several friends, and you can send messages to friends even when they are offline. You can also view and share photos easily.
Before you start using Hangouts™, make sure that you have a working Internet connection and a Google™ account. Go to http://support.google.com/hangouts and click the "Hangouts on your Android" link to get more detailed information about how to use this application.
|The video call function only works on devices with a front camera.|
|1||Start a new chat or video call|
|3||List of contacts|
To start an instant message or a video call
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Hangouts.
- Tap , then enter a contact name, email address, phone number or circle name and select the relevant entry from the suggested list.
- To start an instant messaging session, tap .
- To start a video call, tap .
To reply to a chat message or join a video call
- When someone contacts you on Hangouts, or appears in the status bar.
- Drag the status bar downwards, then tap the message or video call and begin to chat.
To learn more about Hangouts™
- When the Hangouts™ application is open, tap , then tap Help.