Battery and power management
Your device has an embedded battery. To get the most use from it, keep track of the power consumed by different applications and features.
To review your battery consumption
- Find and tap Settings > Battery to view the estimated remaining battery percentage and battery time.
To view battery consumption for applications
- Find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications.
- Select an application and review its battery consumption under Battery.
General usage tips to improve battery performance
The following tips can help you improve battery performance:
- Lower the screen brightness level, see Screen settings.
- Turn off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and location services when you don’t need these features.
- Turn off your device or use Airplane mode if you are in an area with no or low network coverage. Otherwise, your device repeatedly scans for available networks, and this consumes power.
- Use a Wi-Fi network instead of roaming when abroad. Roaming is scanning for your home network and puts additional demands on your battery as your device must transmit with a higher output power, see Wi-Fi_WLAN .
- Change the synchronisation settings for your email, calendar and contacts.
- Check the applications that have a high battery consumption and consider the battery saving tips provided on your device for these applications.
- Change the notification level for an application, see Notifications.
- Turn off the location-sharing permission for an application, see Application settings.
- Uninstall applications that you are not using, see Application screen.
- Use a Sony original handsfree device to listen to music. Handsfree devices consume less battery than your device’s loudspeakers.
- Restart your device every now and then.