The screen or the back panel is broken
The screen or the back panel of the device is broken and the user wants to know:
- whether it is possible to repair it
- whether the warranty covers the repair
Many users who have water-resistant devices, or devices equipped with mineral glass or anti-shatter film (ASF) think that the glass can't break. This is not true. The screen or the back panel can be broken because of misuse. They can also break because of other conditions that the user exposes them to.
If the display or back panel is broken, ask the user to contact a Sony Mobile repair partner for examination and possible solution. There is a repair service page is available for customers on the web https://support.sonymobile.com/repair/
- All personal data is erased from the Xperia™ device during the repair and service procedure. The user should make a backup of the device content, if possible. However, since the device may not be in optimal condition, the backup may not be successful. Also, note that Sony Mobile is not responsible for any third-party apps that the user uses to make a backup.
- The user should deactivate the security feature Protection by my Xperia, and then remove any Google accounts from the device before sending the it for service or repair.
- Note the third condition of the Limited warranty of the device: 3. This warranty does not cover any failure of the Product that is due to: Normal wear and tear. Misuse or failure to use in accordance with the Sony instructions for use and maintenance of the Product. Nor does this warranty cover any failure of the Product due to accident, software or hardware modification or adjustment, or acts of God.
- Some older devices have exchangeable covers, which can be purchased separately. For more information please see your device's documentation or visit your device's support site at http://support.sonymobile.com/ and check for Compatible accessories. This may vary depending on market, country or region.
- Don't forget to make proper documentation available, for example, proof of purchase and warranty card. The documentation required may vary depending on market, country or region.
- The Sony Mobile repair partner will inform you of whether the device meets the warranty conditions. If the device is out of warranty, the Sony Mobile repair partner informs you about possible solutions and the cost. If the damage is covered by the warranty, the Sony Mobile repair partner proceeds with the repair at no cost.