You can navigate between applications using the navigation keys and the recently used applications window, which lets you switch easily between all recently used applications. The navigation keys are the Back key, the Home key, and the Recent apps key. You can also pop open two applications on the screen at once using the split screen mode, if the application supports multi-window function. Some applications get closed when you press the Home key to exit while others are paused or continue to run in the background. If an application is paused or running in the background, you can continue where you left off the next time you open the application.
|1||Clear all – Close all the recently used applications|
|2||Recently used applications window – Open a recently used application|
|3||Recent apps key – Open the recently used applications window and the favourites bar|
|4||Home key – Exit an application and go back to the Home screen|
|5||Back key – Go back to the previous screen within an application or close the application|
To open the recently used applications window
- Press .
To quickly switch between recently used applications
- Quickly press twice.
To close all the recently used applications
- Tap and then tap CLEAR ALL.
To open a menu in an application
- While using the application, tap .
A menu is not available in all applications.
Split screen mode
Split screen mode enables you to view two applications at once, for example, if you want to view your email inbox and a web browser at the same time.
|1||Application 1 in upper window|
|2||Split screen border – Drag to resize windows|
|3||Application 2 in lower window|
|4||Split screen key – Select a recently used application|
|5||Home key – Go back to the Home screen|
|6||Back key – Go back to the previous screen within an application or close the application|
Not all applications support split screen mode.
To use split screen mode
- Make sure that the two applications that you want to use in split screen mode are open and running in the background.
- Tap , and then drag and drop the desired application to the top part of the screen.
- In the lower part of the screen, tap the second desired application.
- In portrait orientation drag the black bar in the centre up or down to resize the windows.
- To exit split screen mode, tap and hold .