Resetting the Xperia Ear Duo
Restart your Xperia Ear Duo if it behaves unexpectedly. If restarting does not solve the issue, you can perform a factory data reset.
Make sure the main unit has enough battery by placing it in the charging case. Wait for the LED indicator to turn orange or green. Then, remove the main unit from the charging case before performing a reset.
To restart your Xperia Ear Duo
- Remove the main unit (R) from the charging case. When the main unit turns on, the LED indicator flashes twice in white.
- Using both thumbs, touch and hold the touchpad of the main unit (R) for 10 seconds. Make sure to place your thumbs on either side of the Sony logo.
- The LED indicator on the main unit flashes twice in white. The main unit restarts and makes a start-up sound.
- Repeat the procedure with the main unit (L).
To perform a factory data reset
- Remove the main unit (R) from the charging case. The LED indicator of the main unit flashes twice in white when it turns on.
- Quickly tap the touchpad three times, touching and holding firmly on the third tap.
- Continue touching and holding the touchpad until the LED indicator flashes four times in green. This indicates that the factory data reset is complete.
- When the main unit turns on automatically, the LED indicator flashes twice in white and it makes a start-up sound. It then flashes quickly in blue to indicate that the main unit is ready to be paired.
Resetting your Xperia Ear Duo deletes all information about paired devices and reverts various settings to default.