Volume, vibration and sound
The volume and vibration can be changed either by using the volume keys or by changing a setting. Sounds and tones can only be changed from a setting.
App settings can override the selected volume, vibration and sound settings.
Volume and vibration
You can change the ring, media, alarm, and in-call volumes. Additionally, you can set your device to vibrate (Vibrate icon).
The ring and notification volume (Ringer volume icon) affects notifications, the in-call volume (In-call volume icon) affects calls and the media volume (Media volume icon) affects music, videos, games and other media. For example, if you change the volume while watching a video, the media volume is changed. The alarm volume is indicated with (Alarm notification icon).
To change the volume
- Press the volume key up or down. This changes the media volume.
- To change the ring, notification, or alarm volumes, tap (Settings icon). Use each slider to adjust the volume.
Tap a volume icon to quickly turn the volume on or off.
To activate the vibrating mode
- Press the volume key up or down.
- Tap the icon displayed above the slider one or more times until (Vibrate icon) appears.
To activate sound with vibration for incoming calls
- Find and tap Settings > Sound.
- Tap the Also vibrate for calls switch to enable the function.
Sounds and tones
To set the ringtone
- Find and tap Settings > Sound > Phone ringtone.
- Dual SIM users, select a SIM card.
- Select an option from the list or tap Add ringtone and select a music file that is saved on your device.
- To confirm, tap OK.
To set a specific ringtone for a contact, see Adding and editing contacts. Dual SIM users can set different ringtones for each SIM card.
To set the notification sound
- Find and tap Settings > Sound > Notification sound.
- Select a sound from the list or select None to turn off all notification sounds and set your notifications to vibrate only.
- To select a music file that is saved on your device, tap Add ringtone.
- To confirm, tap OK.
You can change your app settings to allow a sound from a specific app even when the notification sound is set to None. See Notifications.
To enable or disable other sounds and tones
- Find and tap Settings > Sound > Advanced.
- Tap the switches to enable or disable the different sounds and tones.